We are pleased that you are interested in Matthews Engineering. In accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , we would like to inform you in the following which personal data we or service providers we use in the context of
- Of your visit to our website (matthews-engineering.com),
- the use of the contact form,
- the use of third-party providers,
- of our social media presences,
- of the newsletter dispatch
(hereinafter collectively “Website”), for what purposes we use this data and how we use it to optimize our services for you, as well as about your rights as a data subject.
1. responsible person, data protection officer
a) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 No. 7 EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the
Matthews International GmbH
hereinafter referred to as “Matthews”, “we” or “us”. Further information about the provider can be found in our imprint.
b) You can reach the data protection officer by post at the above address with the addition “Attn. data protection officer” and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. types of data processed, categories of data subjects
2.1 Nature of the data processed
- Contact details (e.g., email, phone numbers)
- Content data (e.g., text input, photographs, videos)
- Usage data (e.g., web pages visited, interest in content, access times).
- Communication data and history
- Consent Management
- Meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses)
- Tracking data
- Reach measurement
- Data according to section B., item 12
2.2 Categories of affected persons
- Visitors and users of the website and online offers
- Customers, prospects and business partners
- Newsletter subscribers and direct marketing in existing customer relationships
- Other communication partners
(Hereafter, we also refer to the data subjects collectively as “Users”).
3. purpose of processing
We use your personal data
- in the provision of the website and the online offer, its functions and contents,
- to manage users’ consent to the processing of their data,
- for responding to contact requests and communication with users,
- on security measures,
- for range measurement
- For the purposes of direct marketing, e.g. in the form of personalized advertisements, an e-mail newsletter or postal advertising, surveys, invitations to events
- for the purpose of product and service satisfaction surveys and analysis of these
4. provision of the website and log files
(1) In the case of mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) The IP addresses of the users are deleted or anonymized after termination of use. In the case of anonymization, the IP addresses are changed in such a way that the individual information about personal or factual circumstances can no longer be assigned to a specific or identifiable natural person or can only be assigned to a specific or identifiable natural person with a disproportionate amount of time, cost and effort.
(1) In addition to the aforementioned log files data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to the browser you are using and stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the body that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Session cookies (for this b)
- Persistent cookies (in addition c).
b) Session cookies store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser. If you restart your browser and go back to the website, the website will not recognize you. You will need to log in again (if a login is required) or reset templates and preferences if the website offers these features. Then a new session cookie is generated, which stores your information and remains active until you leave the site again and close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
|Technically necessary cookies||Technically necessary cookies enable the use of our website by providing basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Visiting our website cannot function properly without these cookies.||Session cookies – are deleted when the browser is closed.|
|Analysis cookies (statistics)||We use third-party analytics cookies to understand how visitors use our site. This helps us improve the quality and content on our site. The aggregate statistical information includes data such as total number of visitors. For example, we learn how often and in what order each page was viewed and how much time visitors spend on our pages on average. We also learn whether users have already visited our website at an earlier time. The legal basis for this is consent given to us (Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR), § 25 TTDSG. For more information, see point 11 (web analytics services).||Persistent cookies – remain, but are automatically deleted after 26 months if the website has not been visited again, unless shorter periods apply in individual cases.|
|Advertising cookies (marketing)||We use advertising cookies to assess the efficiency of our advertising measures and to derive optimizations from them. The legal basis for this is the consent given to us (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR), § 25 TTDSG.||Persistent cookies – remain, but are automatically deleted after 26 months if the website has not been visited again, unless shorter periods apply in individual cases.|
(4) Control over cookies
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. When deactivating cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited.
(5) Cookie consent with Borlabs cookie
This website uses Borlabs cookie, which sets a technically necessary cookie (borlabs-cookie) to store your cookie consents.
When you enter our website, a Borlabs cookie is stored in your browser, which stores the consents you have given or the revocation of these consents. This data is not shared with the Borlabs cookie provider. You can change the Borlabs cookie settings here: Borlabs Cookie Settings
The provider is Borlabs GmbH, Rübenkamp 32, 22305 Hamburg, Germany.
The cookie borlabs-cookie stores your consents that you have given when entering the website. If you wish to revoke these consents, simply delete the cookie in your browser. When you re-enter/reload the website, you will be asked again for your cookie consent.
The collected data will be stored until you request us to delete it or delete the Borlabs cookie yourself, or until the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Mandatory legal retention periods remain unaffected. Details on the data processing of Borlabs Cookie can be found at https://de.borlabs.io/kb/welche-daten-speichert-borlabs-cookie/.
(1) Our website contains a contact form that allows you to contact us electronically in an easy and uncomplicated way. If a user takes advantage of this option, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored. The corresponding data, in particular personal data, address data, contact data and messages (free text field) are directly visible on the respective input mask. At the time of sending, the following data is also stored:
The IP address of the user
Date and time of submitting the form
(3) The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the context of the use of the contact form or in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
(4) The processing of personal data from the input mask serves us solely to process the contact. In the case of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in processing the data. The other personal data processed during the sending process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
(5) It is possible to contact us via the e-mail addresses provided on the website. In this case, the user’s personal data transmitted with the e-mail will be stored. The data will be used exclusively for processing the request. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
(6) The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation is ended when it is clear from the circumstances that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified. The additional personal data collected during the sending process will be deleted after a period of seven days at the latest.
(7) Notwithstanding para. 3, the following shall apply: Contact requests from customers that relate to a specific business transaction shall be stored as long as this is necessary for the execution and processing of the contract (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR) or due to statutory retention obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR). Contact requests from customers that do not relate to a specific business transaction are stored as long as the business relationship exists. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR to protect our legitimate interests and those of the customer, in particular support and quality assurance. Customers can object to the processing at any time in individual cases.
Newsletter dispatch after product purchase
(1) If you have purchased products or services, we may send you our newsletter without prior registration for newsletter subscription to the email address you provided at the time of purchase. This concerns newsletters promoting similar products to the one you have purchased.
(2) The legal basis for the above-mentioned processing operations within the scope of the newsletter dispatch after a purchase is Article 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest in data processing is the direct promotion of our products to our customers and their interest in offers and promotions.
8. disclosure to third parties
(1) As part of the hosting of our website, your data processed by us is processed on the basis of a contract processing agreement.
(2) In the case of the use of web analytics services and third-party providers, the data is transmitted to the extent described herein.
9. storage period
We process and store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of our contractual and legal obligations. We delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes. In this context, personal data may be retained for the period during which claims can be asserted against our companies (statutory limitation periods of three or up to thirty years). In addition, we store your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law. Corresponding obligations to provide proof and to retain data result from commercial, tax and social security regulations, generally for 6 or 10 years.
10. automated decision making, profiling
(1) As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decisionﬁndings in accordance with Article 22 GDPR to establish and implement the business relationship.
(2) In order to provide you with targeted information and advice about our products, we or service providers may use web analysis tools, in particular tracking technology, on our behalf. These enable communication and advertising tailored to your needs. In this regard, we refer to section 12 Web analytics services and advertising.
B. Data processing by third parties
11. web analysis
11.1 Google Tag Manager
(1) This website uses Google Tag Manager. Tags are small code elements on our website that are used, among other things, to measure traffic and visitor behavior, to track the impact of online advertising and social media, to use remarketing and targeting, and to test and optimize the website. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows Busch to manage website tags through one interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain. The tool takes care of triggering other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If a deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, it remains in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
(2) Further information on Google Tag Manager can be found on the Internet at: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/ .
(3) Third-party provider information: Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
11.2 Google Ads
(1) We use the online advertising program Google Ads from Google. Within the framework of Google Ads, we use conversion tracking. Google sets a cookie on your device if you have reached our website via a Google ad on an external website.
(2) Google provides us with statistical analyses using the information obtained through the cookies. We learn the total number of users who clicked on our ad(s) and were redirected to our website. Based on these evaluations, we can see which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(3) We do not collect or process any personal data ourselves. By using Google Ads and conversion tracking, we pursue our interest in showing you advertising that might be of interest to you, in making our website more interesting for you, and in being able to calculate advertising costs accordingly.
(3) Due to the use of conversion tracking, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of conversion tracking. We inform you according to our level of knowledge: Through the integration, Google receives the information that you have called up the relevant part of our website or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, Google receives your IP address and statistical information (browser type and version number, address of the previously visited website (referrer), date and time of the request) and the address of the pages that you call up from us.
(4) Google may transfer your personal data to Google group companies, such as Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
(5) The processing is based on your voluntarily given consent. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) GDPR, Art. 49 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) GDPR and § 25 TTDSG. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by changing the cookie settings in the Cookie Consent Manager.
(6) You can also prevent the setting of cookies at any time in various ways: a) by setting your browser accordingly, in particular the suppression of third-party cookies will result in you not receiving ads from third parties; b) by disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulatory campaign “About Ads” at the link https://www.aboutads.info/choices; d) by permanently disabling them in your browsers at the link https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that in this case not all functions of our website may be usable.
11.3 My Fonts
(1) This website uses web fonts, https://www.myfonts.com/. When entering a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly, calling a CSS file on the server of MyFonts Inc. in order to fulfill the conditions of the font license. In doing so, according to MyFonts Inc., no cookies are placed or used and no personal data is collected.
(2) Third Party Provider is: Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc. a Delaware corporation located at 600 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 USA,
(4) The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests lie in an appealing uniform presentation of content.
11.4 Use of SalesViewer® technology:
(1) On this website, data is collected and stored for marketing, market research and optimization purposes using the SalesViewer® technology of SalesViewer® GmbH on the basis of legitimate interests of the website operator (Art. 6 para.1 lit. f) GDPR).
(2) The data stored as part of Salesviewer will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention obligations.
(3) You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future by clicking on this link https://www.salesviewer.com/opt-out to prevent the collection by SalesViewer® within this website in the future. In doing so, an opt-out cookie for this website will be placed on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click this link again.
(4) Third Party Provider Information: SalesViewer® GmbH, Huestr. 30, 44787 Bochum, Germany,
12. social media
12.1 General information
(1) Matthews is interested in presenting itself on as many channels as possible, in being approachable for customers, service providers, other business partners, applicants and interested parties, and in promoting topics and products via social networks.
(2) We process personal data when you visit the Matthews on social media channels. Through our various social media channels, we want to offer you a wide range of multimedia services and share ideas with you on topics that are important to you. In addition to the respective provider of a social network, we also collect and process personal user data on our social media channels. For the respective data processing purposes and data categories, please refer to the individual social media channels, which are explained in more detail below.
(3) The data processing serves the following purposes in principle:
- Communicate with Matthews social media channel visitors;
- Fulfilling requests from our Matthews social media channel visitors; collecting statistical information about the reach of Matthews social media channels;
- Conduct customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests, or similar promotions or events;
- Resolving disputes and litigation, establishing, exercising or defending against legal claims or litigation, enforcing existing contracts.
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the achievement of these purposes.
12.2 Information on the social media channels
(1) We integrate postings and recommendation functions from platforms such as YouTube, on our site. These services are inactive by default, but they can be activated by the user. The services are mainly located in the USA, but are subject to the usual data protection rules in EU and EEA countries. For example, if you actively use a recommendation button on our site or view an article with an embedded post, YouTube video, general framework data such as your IP address may be transmitted back to the social networks and platforms by the embedding technology. We have no influence on how the platforms use the data, possibly also to create usage profiles. Please inform yourself directly about this at Facebook, YouTube, etc. and adjust your privacy settings there.
(2) On social networks and other external platforms, the respective companies’ own data protection rules apply, even if we disseminate information and maintain presences there with our brands. The U.S. company provides us with its editorial system and general usage data, such as the number of views, duration of use, reader demographics, and the usernames of all contacts – you can read the network’s privacy rules here.
(3) You can find out about the data protection notices of the individual third-party providers under the following links:
- Content from YouTube: We use the YouTube player to integrate videos from a YouTube channel or videos from other providers into the website. To the data protection information of Google: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801895?hl=de. Information on the third-party provider YouTube https://www.youtube.com/ . Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Phone: +353 1 543 1000Fax: +353 1 686 5660, E-mail: email@example.com, E-mail for electronic contact: https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us.
We process the following personal data:
- Your LinkedIn username, as well as comments on our Matthews LinkedIn pages and messages you send to us through our Matthews LinkedIn pages.
- Other information necessary to respond to requests from our visitors or to uniquely identify our visitors in our systems.
12.4 LinkedIn Campaign Manager
To draw attention to our products, we use LinkedIn Campaign Manager. By using LinkedIn Campaign Manager, we define target groups based on the following criteria, among others:
- Location (e.g. country, region, city)
- Company (e.g. business sectors, names, size)
- Interests (e.g. member groups, interests)
- Work experience (e.g., job titles, functions, seniority, skills).
- Education (e.g. degrees, schools, fields of study)
- Demographic data (e.g. gender, age)
Based on its algorithm, LinkedIn displays our content on its platform to users who fit the defined target group. The legal basis for this type of processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
13. links to other websites
(2) The links to external websites are checked by us before linking. However, we have no influence on whether their operators comply with data protection regulations. If we become aware of violations or infringements, we will remove the corresponding links.
C. Rights of the data subjects
14. your rights
If personal data is processed by you, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you are entitled to the following rights against us as the controller.
a) Rights according to Art. 15 ff. GDPR
(1) The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether personal data concerning him or her are being processed; if this is the case, he or she shall have the right of access to such personal data and to the information specified in Article 15 of the GDPR. Under certain legal conditions, you have the right to rectification under Article 16 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing under Article 18 GDPR and the right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) under Article 17 GDPR. In addition, you have the right to receive the data you have provided in a structured, common and machine-readable format (right to data portability) according to Article 20 GDPR, provided that the processing is carried out with the help of automated processes and is based on consent according to Article 6 (1) a) or Article 9 (2) a) or on a contract according to Article 6 (1) b) GDPR.
b) Withdrawal of consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR
If the processing is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. Please note that the revocation is only effective for the future. Processing that took place before the revocation is not affected.
c) Right to lodge a complaint
You have the possibility to contact us or a data protection supervisory authority with a complaint (Article 77 GDPR).
d) Right of objection according to Article 21 GDPR
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right to object as follows:
Right to object on a case-by-case basis
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data relating to you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. e) GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests); this also applies to a proﬁling based on this provision within the meaning of Article 4 no. 4 GDPR.
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to object to processing of data for advertising purposes
In individual cases, we process your personal data for the purpose of direct advertising. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to proﬁling insofar as it is related to such direct advertising. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
D. Final provisions
(1) We have taken technical and organizational security measures in accordance with Art. 24, 32 GDPR to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorized access. All our employees and all third parties involved in data processing are obliged to comply with the requirements of the GDPR and the confidential handling of personal data.
(2) SSL or TLS encryption: This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
We reserve the right to change our security and data protection measures, insofar as this becomes necessary due to technical development, the expansion of our services or legal changes. In these cases, we will also adapt our data protection declaration accordingly. Please therefore note the current version of our data protection declaration.